The Wellesley Housing Authority is working with the Town of Wellesley Health Department and following the recommendations provided by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). WHA is keeping up to date with the latest information related to the novel Coronavirus as it becomes available. This page will be updated regularly with information from State and Federal agencies. Please check back frequently.
The following links provide up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Town of Wellesley Coronavirus Information
- MDPH COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- MA Department of Public Health COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus: Just for Kids
- Support response planning by homeless service providers, including overnight emergency shelters, day shelters, and meal service providers
As with any virus, the most effective way to prevent its spread is to: thoroughly wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizers; avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth with unwashed hands; avoid close contact with people who are sick, and keep your distance from others if you are sick; cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue, throw the tissue away and avoid shaking hands. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please contact your doctor’s office immediately.
The Wellesley Housing Authority will continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus, and recommend residents do the same.